A ground-breaking FACE™ exposition will be held on June 5th at the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. Over 20 partners from industry and government will showcase examples of products that are aligned with a new FACE Technical Standard that helps ensure warfighters can quickly and affordably benefit from continued software innovations. Admission is free.
This expo will consist of examples of FACE tools and applications by industry partners from the FACE Consortium. The items demonstrated have potential for adoption of the FACE Technical Standard. This venue is open to all visitors who are interested in open standards and open architectures for aviation systems.
LynuxWorks delivers technology to the avionics industry such as real-time operating systems (RTOS) and software tools for mission-critical systems that are open, modular and portable, key tenets of the reference architecture defined in the FACE Technical Standard.
June 5, 2012, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
22156 Three Notch Road
Lexington Park, MD
Immediately following the exposition, there will be a no-host social from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. for all attendees at:
The Tides Restaurant
46580 Expedition Drive
Lexington Park, MD
A managed consortium hosted by The Open Group, the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) Consortium is an aviation-focused professional group made up of U.S. industry suppliers, customers and users. The Consortium is creating a technologically appropriate open FACE reference architecture, standards and business model that will result in:
* Standardized approaches for using open standards within avionics systems
* Lower implementation costs of FACE systems
* Standards that support a robust architecture and enable quality software development
* The use of standard interfaces that will lead to reuse of capabilities
* Defined interoperability within FACE systems and components
* Portability of applications across multiple FACE systems and vendors
* Procurement of FACE-conformant products
* More capabilities reaching the warfighter faster
* Innovation and competition within the avionics industry
LynuxWorks is a FACE member. Learn more here.