Track: The rise of soft biometrics and the social network | 30 October 2012
Social media and biometrics – where next?
In a brand new conference track for 2012, get a complete insight into the new “soft” biometric genre, including challenges facing users and keepers of social media sites looking to integrate biometric data, and the use of biometrics in targeted ad campaigns. Our expert speakers will:
* Outline the potential power of biometrics in organising social media data
* Look at the use of online face processing by social networking services such as Facebook and Google
* Explore developments in soft-biometrics, such as serving gender- or age-specific ads. Understand how these impact the debate between increased convenience versus freedom
* Examine identity commoditization in the social media age and the ethical issues surrounding identity management
Don’t miss this specialist track:
Cyrille Bataller From authentication to identity recognition
Cyrille Bataller, Director, Accenture Technology Labs, France
Michael Thieme Face processing in social networking services
Michael Thieme, Director of Special Projects, International Biometric Group, USA
Paul McCarthy Ethical framings and the future of biometric technologies
Paul McCarthy, Senior Analyst, GSI Ltd, Ireland
Dr. Joseph J. Atick Before the onset of the ID Revolution: The commoditization of identity
Dr. Joseph J. Atick, Identity Counsel International, Director IBIA Cofounder & Director Emeritus
Register now to hear this track and more at Biometrics 2012.
Next Track Focus:
New biometric technologies put to the test
Visitors – sign up for free entry to the exhibition
Biometrics 2012 is the one show all the key exhibitors have booked in their calendars every year.
* Meet with all the main players in the industry in one place
* See the latest products in action in the demonstration area
* Learn how biometrics can solve your business needs in our free seminars
Entry to the exhibition is completely free – sign up now for your entry pass.
Download exhibitor pack
Biometrics 2012 is a truly international melting pot of expertise, developments, practical advice, research and, of course, commercial opportunity ? this is the one biometrics show that continues to deliver ? whatever your job function. Don?t miss out!
Stay connected ? sign up to news alerts via Twitter or join our mailing list for notifications and deadlines. Biometrics 2012 is organised by Elsevier, the publishers of Biometric Technology Today, in association with Planet Biometrics.
Conference: 29-31 October 2012
Exhibition: 30-31 October 2012
Location: Westminster, London, UK
For further information visit www.biometrics2012.com