MPS AND PEERS LAUNCH INQUIRY & CAMPAIGN FOR MORE VICTIM SUPPORT
Dr Matthew Offord MP, chairman of the APPG on Explosive Threats, will launch an inquiry into the reason for the rise in the number of casualties of explosive violence around the world and what the international community needs to do to meet this challenge
He will also announce the launch of the Revive campaign in partnership with four major UK Charities: Action on Armed Violence; Emergency UK; Find a Better Way and the International Refugee Trust.
Revive stands for ‘Reduce Explosive Violence, Increase Victim Empowerment’.
Revive is a new campaign whose principal supporter will be Bridge Insurance Brokers. Mr Roger Potts, chairman of Bridge, will launch the campaign alongside Dr Offord.
The press conference will also be attended by:
- Iain Overton – CEO, Action on Armed Violence
- Serena Leone – Director, Emergency UK
- Lou McGrath – CEO, Find a Better Way
- Steven Smith – CEO, International Refugee Trust
- Emily Hough – Editor, Crisis Response Journal (APPG and campaign official media partner)
- Sophie McKimm – Security and Counter Terror EXPO
- James Turgoose– Revive Campaign Manager, JBP Associates
- Nigel Ellway, APPG Explosive Threats Head of Secretariat, Lynch-Pin Associates